Feb 28, 2013

Rajma Paneer

I am not particularly fond of rajma, but have started tolerating it these days, but only if it is well made. But I never thought of combining rajma and paneer, till I the recipe on a food group. The recipe for rajma too was simpler than the way I make it, and I wanted to see if it worked. Loved it even without the paneer, and loved it a bit more with it. The original recipe called for pinto beans, which I didn't have, so I just increased the amount of rajma- reproducing the original recipe here, though.


Soak 1.5 cups of rajma/Kidney beans overnight or 7-8 hrs and pressure cook with 1/2 cup of pinto beans , 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 1" ginger grated, 3 cloves garlic chopped, salt and 4 green chillies till soft n done...may discard the cooked green chillies later ....Heat oil...add finely chopped onions, 2 tsp garlic paste and cook till onion is golden......Blend/puree half this mixture and add it back in the saucepan......add cumin powder, haldi powder, chilli powder,kashmiri chilli powder, black pepper pdr, salt ,fresh tomato puree (2 tomatoes)and garam masala pdr(optional)...cook till oil separates....now add the cooked Rajma n pinto along with paneer cubes(which have been soaking in warm milk for 15 min). .....bring to a boil and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment