Feb 12, 2013

Quick trifle

Always loved trifle puddings - and my mother makes the best ones- but rarely make it myself. But when I saw a packet of sliced cake going stale, and a whole bunch of strawberries going very squashy, I thought of throwing together an improvised trifle. Kids helped, in making it, and in finishing it off. Best way to use up all that stuff that was going bad.

Cut slice cake pieces into quarters, and line the bottom of a dish.
Cut, slice, mash the strawberries- basically do whatever the strawberry lets you do, and place a layer on the cake slices.
Make slightly, but not to runny, custard (1 tbsp custard powder for 1 cup milk worked for me), and pour it over the cake and fruit.
Let it set in the fridge. Drizzle chocolate sauce on it before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment