Feb 22, 2013

Grape-Sprout Salad- a little bit of goodness wipes out bad memories


"It is not bitter at all", I heard them say, and fool that I am, I believed them. You know what bitter means only after you sprout fenugreek seeds, and plonk a bit in your mouth thinking it can't be much worse than soaked fenugreek seeks- they are. Much worse.
I tried adding salt, then vinegar. Nothing killed the bitterness, or even masked it. But when I found myself thinking along the lines of dousing it in cream and honey, I decided that if Mamma's dictum of "never waste food" extended to fenugreek sprouts, it was because she had never tasted them herself. 
I did the only sensible thing I could- washed off all the salt and vinegar, and threw the seeds into an empty pot. Watch this space for further adventures of the fenugreek sapling kind.

The entire experience left a very bitter taste in the mouth- literally, and I needed to do something drastic to make things better. Luckily, I had a handful of moong sprouts handy.






Cut about 10-12 grapes into quarters.
Mix well with a handful of moong sprouts and 1 tsp vinegar.
Drizzle brown sugar (I used 1 tsp, but use more if you prefer).

Curl up on a comfy sofa and indulge.


No comments:

Post a Comment