Feb 16, 2013

Honey Mustard Chicken

I drooled when I saw the photograph on MM's blog. The drool only got droolier when when I read the recipe and found that it was simplicity itself. There was no way anyone, not even me, could mess this up! I made it with chicken legs, and threw in a few baby potatoes (scrubbed and peeled) and substituted light soy sauce with dark soy sauce.
Unfortunately, neither the hubby, nor the only kid who was not vegetarian liked it much, so this might well be the only time I make it. Though it might be a good one to dig out if I want to impress someone with my culinary skills.


Chicken legs, 4
Honey, 3 tbsp
Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp
Light soy sauce, 2 tbsp
Lemon juice, 1 tbsp
Garlic cloves, crushed, 3-4
Black pepper, crushed, 1 tsp
Salt, to taste
Oil, 1 tsp

Mix honey, mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic ,pepper, salt and oil in an oven proof dish. Add the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Cover and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
Bring it back to room temperature before baking it in a preheated oven at 200°C for 30-40 minutes, till the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife.
Toss in a few additional cloves of garlic with skin on when baking, if you want.

(Recipe copied from MM's Kitchen Bites)

No comments:

Post a Comment