Jul 7, 2014

Savoury cookies with whole-wheat flour


Sometimes, the Fates conspire against you. Today, it was in the form of three lovely ladies who each posted their variety of cookies, making me want to have cookies NOW. Just whip up a batch, you might say, but there was a slight problem- I'd run out of butter, and much that I craved cookies, I didn't particularly want to wade through ankle deep water to get it.
But necessity is the mother of invention, and Google Uncle can sometimes be useful, and a whole lot of other sayings which may or may not make sense.
Net result, I baked up this batch of savoury cookies with whole-wheat flour, olive oil, kalonji seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds and salt. Can't say my cookie obsession has been satiated, but at least now, I can wait another day.
1 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp flax seeds
1 tsp kalonji seeds
Salt to taste
Water to knead the dough

Method:
Mix all the ingredients to make the dough. Add only as much water as is required.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
Roll the dough into a disc, cut into desired shapes, and bake for 10 minutes or till done.

No comments:

Post a Comment