Feb 12, 2014

Besan sooji kachumber paniyaram

When you have to whip up something quick and non-fussy for lunch everyday, you soon run out of ideas. Right now, my kids will be more than happy if I feed them paniyarams or curd-rice every day, but I know that I shouldn't push my luck too much, or they will just stop having both of them.
This was something I whipped up on the spur of the moment, and which was a real hit with the kids!
Ingredients:
4 heaped serving spoons besan
1 heaped serving spoon sooji/ rawa
2 serving spoons leftover kachumber (mine had cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in lime juice)
salt, if required
a pinch of baking soda

Method:
Mix all the ingredients into a batter, and keep aside for about 15 minutes
Add the baking soda, and mix well to aereate.
Grease a paniyaram pan with a bit of ghee, and pour the batter into the mounds. Cook on a low flame, and when the paniyaram starts to pull away, turn it over till the other side cooks too.
Serve with coconut chutney or ketchup

No comments:

Post a Comment