Feb 24, 2014

Apple-raisin cake

A couple of minutes after polishing off the orange sponge cake I'd baked two days back, the Younger One decided he wanted an apple cake. When he expresses a food related desire, I rush to obey, so off I went to discover recipes for apple cake. Most required apple juice, but since we've not had the best possible experience with apple juice, I didn't want to try any of them.
This is adapted for a recipe for apple upside down cake, and the batter gave me 24 cup cakes.

One large apple, chopped into small pieces
Raisins- a handful (about the same quantity as the apples)
1 1/3 cups flour
2/3 cup castor sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg

Method:
In bowl combine flour, castor sugar, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon. 
Add chopped apple, raisins, milk, butter and egg, and beat well till combined.
Preheat the oven at 220 degrees. Pour the batter into cupcakes (I had enough for two batches of a dozen each). Bake for 20-25 minutes until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment