Oct 12, 2012

Doi-begun

When Pritha Sen first gave me this recipe, I made something fit for the disaster album. But though it looked horrible, it tasted good, and I had to make it again. Learnt my lessons, and the second time, it came out really well, and I have made it several times since.



Cut about 250 gms small brinjals into halves, fry and keep aside (you can use larger brinjals too, and cut it accordingly)
Fry 2 to 3 tbsp onion paste and whole garam masals (if you don't have onion paste, you can use onion sli
ces, but this is better).
Mix together 1/2 cup curds, ginger paste, chilli powder, salt and sugar to taste (I used the paste of an inch long piece of ginger).
Add to the onion paste, and cook on low heat till oil rises (this is the trickiest part, because if you don't do it right, the curd could curdle).
Add water and fried brinjal, cook. Add garam masala and green chillies and take off the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment