Oct 8, 2012

Low fat option for Karanji

I hesitate to call this "healthy", because my definition of healthy is not "less fat", but the use of ingredients that are good for health.
But if you do have a desi sweet tooth, and want to indulge without having to do a 60 minute run as penance, this option works. Not quite the real thing, but given the fact that it packs a couple of hundred calories less per karanji, a compromise that is well worth it.





Roti ka atta (yes, I used the atta that had been kneaded for my rotis)
1 measure grated coconut (I used 1/2 cup)
1/2 measure sugar (more or less to taste)
1/4 measure water
small amount of cooking oil

Put water to boil, and when it starts boiling, reduce flame, and add the sugar. Stir till all the sugar dissolves, and some of the water evaporates (should NOT attain one string consistency).
Turn off the fire, add grated coconut, and stir so you get an even mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment