Oct 1, 2012

French toast

This might well be the first thing I learnt to cook, and is still one of my favourite things to eat. I have a savoury version which I often make for lunch, but on the Monday after a weekend with two sick kids, it is this that I crave for.



2 eggs

2 tbsp milk
vanilla essencce
1 tsp sugar
1 tulsi leaf slightly crushed
2 slices of bread
Butter 

Method
Beat the eggs with about 2 tablespoons of milk till nice and froathy. Add a few drops vanilla essence, 1 teaspoon sugar and one tulsi leaf and beat till the sugar partially dissolves (make sure the sugar doesn't disappear completely, because you want some of it to caramelize).
Remove the tulsi leaf and discard. Cut two slices of bread into triangles, dip in the mix, and shallow fry on a frying pan (I use butter, obviously). When both sides are done, pour the left-over egg mix, making sure to spread the sugar evenly, turn over and let it cook for about 30 seconds.

French toast and a glass of warm milk! Enough to fortify you to take on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment