Jul 15, 2015

Cabbage bake

My mother used to make this dish quite often during the winters, but given hoe easy it is, I don't make it as often as I could. But when I do make it, I spread it over a few days, because it tastes much nicer after one day.

1 cup cabbage, chopped fine
2 cup onion, cut lengthwise
1 cup besan
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chill powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tsp oil
For tempering:
2 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds

Method:
Mix the cabbage and onions well. Sprinkle the besan, salt, chilli powder and haram masala, mix well, adding water if necessary, so the whole thing sticks together. 
Heat the oil, splutter the mustard seeds, and pour over a baking dish. Spread the oil across the surface, sprinkle sesame seeds. 
Pour the batter over the tempering, and bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. 
Allow it to cool before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment