Jul 17, 2015

Brinjal in peanut gravy

I love brinjal, and though my love is not shared by my family, I never tire of trying out new recipes. I got this one from a site which caters to recipes with little or no oil, but since my steamer is still missing, I ended up frying it. As far as I'm concerned, with peanuts and brinjal, you can't go too wrong. This recipe is proof of it.
Baby baingan - 12  nos
For stuffing:
1 cup peanuts
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 red chillies
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp urad dal
A few curry leaves
1 tsp haldi powder
1 tsp amchur powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp cooking oil

Method:
Roast the peanuts till slightly brown. 
Add jeera, dhania, red chilli, urad dal, and roast till urad dal is browned
Add coconut and roast till brown
Dry grind he mixture. Add the spices and salt and mix well
Slit the brinjal s crosswise, keeping the stems intact. Stuff with the mixture.
Heat the oil, add curry leaves, and stuffed brinjal and saute for 5 minutes. 
Add the remaining masala, and sufficient water to cover the brinjals. Being to boil, cover, reduce the flame and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. 
Serve hot with roti or rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment