Jun 4, 2014

Stuffed baigan

I've never gotten over my fascination for stuffed baigan, so when I saw this Gujarathi recipe, it was only a matter of time before I tried it out. To be honest, I wasn't sure how the combination of grated onions and peanuts would work, but my fears were without ground- even the hubby came back for seconds!

500 gms baby brinjals
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
2 large onions
2 large tomatoes
8 cloves of garlic
1 tsp kasoori methi
3 tbsps fresh corriander
2 tsps chilli powder
1 tsp dhania powder
1tsp jeera powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp amchur powder
½ tsp hing
Salt to taste
2 tbsps oil

Method:
Slit the brinjals (but leave the stems) enough for filling them and keep them aside.
Grind the rest of the ingredients into a fine paste.
Stuff the brinjals with the ground paste.
Heat the oil, and fry the remaining paste for about 5 minutes on a high flame stirring continuously.
Add the stuffed brinjals and stir for another 5 minutes.
Add a little water and cover and cook until the brinjals are done.
Taste for flavour and add any seasoning if needed.
Searve hot with rotis.

No comments:

Post a Comment