Mar 13, 2014

Spinach-Salami-Cheese Muffins


A photograph of what seemed like spinach-cheese muffins had been torturing me all day, and by lunchtime, I decided I would burst if I didn't get to eat it soon. Since there was a bunch of spinach leaves in the refrigerator, the time between thought and action was amazingly low!
I took a recipe from the Internet, adapted it to suit what I had in the kitchen, and came up with something I am sure to use again.


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Couple of slices of salami cut into strips
Handfull of melon seeds (walnut might be better, but I had only melon seeds at home)

Method
Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Lightly grease 12 cup muffin cups.
Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
Stir the melted butter, egg, milk, spinach, cheese and salami together in a large mixing bowl until evenly blended. Slowly stir in the flour mixture to form a batter. Spoon about 2 tablespoons into each muffin cup. Sprinkle the melon seeds on top
Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.


Grab a cup of coffee. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment