Mar 30, 2014

Microwave Eggless Mango Cake

Ever since I got my OTG, I have stopped making cakes on the microwave. A few times when I had extra batter and stuck some of it in the MW, I've seen that the cake made in the conventional oven is much better than the one from the MW.
I was naturally skeptical about trying out this MW recipe, but since it was eggless, I decided to give it a go. And I quite like the result. The original recipe called for cocoa powder, but I replaced it with an equal quantity of cornflour.
This particular cake would have tasted really good with a dollop of ice cream and some fresh mango pieces.


1 cup of plain flour
¾ tspn of baking powder
¾ tspn of soda bicarbonate
3 level tablespoons of cocoa powder (I replaced it with cornflour)
100 gms of oil
2 tbspns of powdered sugar
Mango essence
Orange colour
1/2 tin of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup water 
 
 
Sieve the dry ingredients together to mix well. 
Add the oil, essence and food colour, and mix well.
Add condensed milk and water.
Pour into a microwaveable dish, lined with butter paper
Bake on high, 100 percent power. Start checking every 30 seconds after 4:30 minutes. It is supposed to get done in 6 minutes, but mine took only 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment