Mar 26, 2014

Masala bhindi

Nobody at my place is a great fan of bhindi, but when that is practically the only vegetable available in the market, does one really have much of a choice? Forget eating it, I don't like cooking it either, and I definitely didn't want to make it the conventional way.
Experimented a bit, and came up with something that tasted much better than I expected. Not just that, I have been told that the next time I make it, I should make more, because it was so good!


250 gms bhindi- cut into 1 inch pieces
1 onion cut lengthwise
1/2 tsp dhania powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
1/2 tsp haldi powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp amchur powder
1/2 tsp  mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 tbsp besan
2 tbsp cooking oil

Method
Heat the oil, temper with mustard seeds. Once they stop spluttering, add onions, and saute till they start turning transparent
Add the bhindi, and the masalas, and fry till the bhindis are almost cooked (the onions will brown nicely)
Sprinkle besan, fry for a couple of minutes, and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment