Mar 15, 2014

Masala Crackers

This recipe for masala crackers had been sitting in my list of recipes to try for so long, it was in danger of becoming a permanent fixture there. With Holi around the corner, and me feeling too lazy to make anything else for the festival, I finally decided to make it.
It was much easier to make than I expected, and came out quite soft. Definitely something I will be making again.


Whole wheat flour-1 1/2 cupsJeera- 1 tsp, roasted and lightly powdered
Kasuri methi-1 tsp
Sesame seeds-1 tbsp

Salt -1 tsp or according to taste (I added 1/2 tsp and it was too bland)
Chili flakes -1/2 tsp

Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Oil-3 tbs(Ratio is 1 tbs oil for every 1/2 cup of flour)
Yogurt - 1 tbs
Water -1/4 cup or less (I needed much less)
 

Method
Mix the flour, jeera, kasuri methi, sesame seeds, baking powder, salt and chili flakes in a bowl
Add oil and curds, and knead the dough, adding water if required. Cover and keep for about 15 mins.

Roll the dough into 1/8 inch thickness and cut into shapes.
Lay them on a cookie tray, prick each cracker with a fork and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Place on a wire rack to cool completely and serve with a hot cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment