Dec 30, 2013

Radish salad

My mother calls this a curry. I think it is more of a salad. Since she is the person who first prepared it for me, I guess she has the right to name it, but since I am the one who is now making it for myself, maybe that right is mine. Even though, I haven't still decided what it should be called, I know this is one of those dishes I will never tire of.

One large radish (without leaves)
2-3 tbsp peanuts
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 green chilli
1 sprig curry leaves
Rock salt to taste
1/2 tsp cooking oil for tempering

Method
Grate the radish, sprinkle rock salt on it, and keep aside
Heat the cooking oil, and temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves and chilli. Once the mustard seeds stop spluttering, add the peanuts, and fry for a couple of minutes till the rawness goes.
Pour the oil over the radish, mix well, and let the flavours seep in for a couple of minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment