Dec 26, 2013

Coffee frosting, that wasn't

The coffee cupcakes tasted lovely, but greed is something that pops up without warning. I didn't just want coffee cake, I wanted coffee cake, with coffee frosting. And so, out came the recipe again, this time for the frosting.
The only problem is that in my enthusiasm to make the frosting, I poured hot coffee right onto the butter, which left something that could politely be dubbed "messy". It went into the freezer, then came out of the freezer, and all that ended up making such a mess of the whole thing, I am surprised there anything came out of the piping bag!
Lesson learnt- coffee cake tastes better without frosting, than with indifferent frosting!


125g/4½oz unsalted butter
200g/7oz icing sugar
50ml/2fl oz strong espresso coffee

Method
Beat the butter and icing sugar together in a small bowl until pale and light
Add the espresso and mix well
Pipe onto the cupcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment