Oct 31, 2013

Cheesy cashews

In my quest for savouries to make for Diwali, I came across this recipe posted by Manisha Shah in IFF. For a moment, I thought they were real cashewnuts coated with cheese, but once I figured out what they were, I knew I had to make them right away.
And I did.


250 gm maida
4 tbsp cheese grated
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp fresh powdered black pepper
salt
water to bind a stiff dough
oil for deep frying
 
Mix all the ingredients to make a stiff dough. Add water gradually, and only enough to make it stiff.
Roll out a large roti. with a soft drink bottle cap make cuts in semi circle / kaju shapes.
Deep fry on low till pink but crisp.
 
My kajus looked amazing, but were slightly soft. The next time, I will do what my mother does- heat the oil to the highest temperature, but fry on a low flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment