Mar 15, 2013

Egg curry (Jayita's "sinful" version from IFF)

It was one of those days when I was planning to make a standard egg curry for lunch, but when I saw this recipe of Jayita Sen, I just had to give it a try. Giving the original recipe, though I did make a couple of changes (and reduce the quantities since I was making it only for myself).


6 boiled eggs

8 small potatoes
1 large onion
2 tsp ginger paste
3 tsp garlic paste
turmeric powder
2 tsp kashmiri mirch powder
3 tsp curds
hing
salt to taste
water
oil
 






 For ground masala
2 tsp dhania
4 tsp khus khus
2 tsp fennel
 


Method
Deep fry the boiled eggs till golden brown and keep aside
Boil the potatoes, then fry them till golden
Chop the onion, and fry till glassy
Add ginger paste, garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes.
Add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt and cook till the oil seperates
Add curds, and the potatoes  and cook till the oil seperates
Grind the ingredients listed under ground masala and add to the mixture.
Add 1 cup water and a pinch of hing, and cook till you get a nice gravy.
Add the eggs, boil once, and serve with a garnish of butter.

I did not deep fry the eggs, or add potatoes. And I was careless while adding the curds, so it broke

No comments:

Post a Comment