Jan 7, 2013

Tiranga idlis

Strictly speaking, it is presentation, not a recipe. But it came out better than expected, so posting it here. Till last night, I couldn't decide whether to hide carrots or spinach in the idlis I was going to make for the kids when they got back from school, till I decided I could try to combine both. And while they cannot be mistaken for flags by any stretch of imagination, the tiranga idlis did come out better than I thought they would.


Idli batter made the normal way.
Grate 1 carrot into 3/4 cup batter.
Puree about 6 leaves of spinach, and mix with 3/4 cup batter.
Grease idli pan, then pour one blob of orange, one blob of green and one blog of ordinary batter into each mould, and tilt so it forms the desired shapes.
Steam for 10 mins. Allow to cool before taking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment