May 12, 2015

Ragi puttu

XI recently bought a packet of ragi flour, and have been sold on the cereal so much, I've been using it everywhere. This is a recipe I found online, and since it has two other ingredients that I love, I decided to try it out for lunch. Definitely something I will make again.


 1/2 cup ragi flour
A pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp jaggery, rated
2-3 tbsp grated coconut for garnish
1/2 tsp ghee

Method:
Take ragi flour and salt in a soft cotton cloth, fold it with the flour inside and steam for 10-12 minutes or until you get a nice aroma of steamed ragi flour.
Spread the steamed ragi, add 4 tbsp water, 1 tbsp at a time, and mix well. There should be no lumps. 
Put the dough in a cloth, and steam for 10 minutes in an idli maker. 
Break it into a powder, add jaggery and coconut, mix well and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment