May 18, 2015

Chikoo milkshake

Sapota, is what my grandmother used to call chikoo. And maybe because I associate the fruit with her, it has always been one of my underrated favourites. So when I saw these globs of juicy brownness sitting next to the mangos I was buying, I had to pick up have a dozen.
Not sure if my kids liked it or not, I thought the best way to introduce it to them was through a milkshake. A little bit of peeling, chopping and whirling later, I was done. They loved it, and they liked the fruit just as much!

4 chikoos/ sapota
1 1/2 cups milk
Sugar to taste, though you can do without

Method:
Cut the chikoo into quarters, peel, and chop into small pieces
Blend the chikoo in a mixie till you get a smooth consistency 
Add the milk, and sugar if required. Blend till well mixed
Serve immediately.*

* chikoo spoils if cut and kept exposed, so serve right after making

No comments:

Post a Comment