Apr 15, 2015

Green Mango Chutney

The maid decided to take a day off, and I had to think of something I could make for dinner which would not have me cursing the world and her fifth cousin for pushing me into the kitchen in the heat. Dosa and chutney was the obvious choice, but I decided to go a bit creative with the chutney and use raw mangoes for the sour taste. It was quite yummylicious, and I am looking forward to finishing the rest off tonight.

1 green mango
1/2 coconut
3 large pods of garlic
1 green chilli
Salt to taste

Method:
Grate the coconut.
Chop the green mango into small pieces (you could peel and then chop, but I was lazy).
Peel the garlic.
Blend the coconut, green mango, garlic and green chilli, with sufficient water, till you get the desired consistency.
Add salt to taste, mix well, and serve with dosas.

No comments:

Post a Comment