Apr 1, 2015

Dhirde- Maharashtrian dosa

I had this in office, and really loved the mix of flavours. I was told that the flour had to be freshly ground, so put it out of my mind. Coincidentally, a couple of weeks later, I located a grocer who did grind flour to your proportions, so got the flour made. It was one of the best things I did, because now, I can whip up a tasty meal whenever I want, without the need to plan.

1 kg whole wheat
200 gms channa dal
25 gms methi seeds
25 gms jeera seeds

Method:
Roast the methi seeds, jeera seeds and channa dal till fragrant.
Grind with 1 kg wheat, to get the basic flour for dhirde

To make dhirde:
Mix the flour with- 
- Green chilli paste
- Ginger paste
- Onions, chopped fine
- Curds
and make a runny batter. Add some water if required- the consistency should be similar to that of dosa batter.
Heat the tawa, and spread the batter as you would for a dosa. Sprinkle oil along the edges, and allow to cook on a medium flame. Flip over, and cook the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment