Jan 2, 2014

Rawa dosa

Though he hates South Indian food, the hubby is a big fan of rava dosa. That's his default order when we are ordering dosas, but for some strange reason, I haven't made rava dosas myself. Decided to rectify it this weekend, and they got polished off in no time at all. The recipe I followed is not the traditional one, but till I get the authentic one from my mother, this will have to do!
These dosas are the first meal that I cooked in the New Year!
1 measure rawa/ sooji
2 tbsp sour curds
Whey to make batter
Salt to taste
Cooking oil

Method
Make a thick batter with the rawa and curds and keep aside for 30 minutes
Add the whey gradually, stirring constantly till you get a thickish batter. Add salt to taste.
Heat the tawas and make the dosas. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment