Jan 30, 2014

Basil hummus

I first made this last summer at the end of a memorable day when I ended up with a kilogram of cooked chickpeas, and nobody to eat kabuli channa. Some went into a disaster of a falafel (I have subsequently learnt how to make it, and am surprised at how easy it actually is), and the rest into this hummus who's recipe was given by Tadka-Pasta Girl, Ruchira Ramanujam.
I loved it, but since I was busy with thoughts of shifting houses, I didn't get down to actually clicking a picture. 

It took the passage of a few seasons before I made it again, and this time there is a picture too!




Ingredients:
1 Cup cooked chana
1 Cup basil leaves, washed
2 Garlic cloves, smashed
Juice of 1 Indian lemon
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1 t Red chilli flakes
1 T Peanut butter
About 1/4 C Extra virgin olive oil


Method:
Blanch the basil for a few seconds in boiling water and then plunge in ice water. Put everything in the FP and process till smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment