Sep 3, 2013

Whole wheat muffins

Dishing up something different for "lunch" everyday is the greatest challenge for someone of my limited culinary expertise. Left to me, I will probably give them dahi-chawal every day, but I know that if I try that stunt they will soon reach a stage where they will never again eat it. And to avoid that fate, I am forced to innovate.


1 measure whole wheat atta
1 medium cucumber grated
1/2 measure curds
Salt and pepper to taste
Olives for garnish

Mix all the ingredients (except the garnish) in a bowl, and beat a few times till frothy (it should be of the same consistency as idli batter- add water to make it thinner if required).
Grease the paniyaram pan with ghee, pour the batter into the moulds and let it cook on a low flame till well browned. Before turning it over, place the olives on top, and let the other side brown too.
Serve with dahi and/ or butter.





No comments:

Post a Comment