Sep 4, 2013

Chocolate cookies with a hint of chilli

Back in the days when I hated to enter the kitchen, there were about half a dozen recipes I always turned to. Written in my Mother's hand, they were stapled together to form a booklet, ambitiously titled "Miss Mommy's Cookbook".
I found that bunch of stapled papers a couple of days back, and wanted to make the chocolate cookies for old times sake. After mixing the ingredients, I chanced upon a packet of Dominos chilli flakes and threw it in for the heck of it.
Lovin' it!!!!


60 gms maida
30 gms castor sugar (I went with half and half)
30 gms cocoa powder
60 gms butter
1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)

Sift the dry ingredients, rub in the butter, mix well and knead to a dough.
Make 12 equal sized balls, flatten them slightly, place on a greased baking tray and bake at 135 C for 15 to 20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment