Sep 6, 2013

Sevai with green chutney

I've always  loved tengai sevai, and picked up a large packet of rice vermicelli when I saw it at the store. After eating to my heart's content, I decided to try something new, and experimented a bit to come up with this sevai in green chutney, which I quite liked.
1/2 cup rice vermicelli cooked according to instructions and drained
1/2 bunch coriander leaves, washed and destemmed
1/2 tsp lime juice 
1 tbsp walnuts chopped
Ghee for frying
Salt to taste

For tempering
Mustard seeds
Curry leaves
Red chilli, as desired
1/2 tsp urad dal

Method:
Grind the coriander leaves, and add lime juice, salt and water to make a light paste.
Pour the green paste over the rice vermicelli, and mix well
Heat the ghee, temper and pour the tempering over the vermicelli
Adjust for salt, if required, and serve garnished with walnuts.
Serve garnished with cashewnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment