Aug 28, 2013

Cucumber dosa

Since the kids were going to have a holiday today, I'd planned a nice, lazy meal for them, but late last night, they informed me that they would not be having a holiday today. Even the best laid plans go awry, and with no dosa batter to fall back on, I had to improvise.

A couple of weeks back, I had found this recipe for a cucumber-wheat-coconut dosa, and I thought this was the best time to try it out. It turned out better than I expected- crispy, yet soft, and with a harmonious blend of flavours.


Wheat flour - 2 cups Grated cucumber - 1 cup Grated coconut - 1/2 cup crushed/powdered pepper - 1 tsp jeera powder - 1 tsp salt to taste water - as required. Make a smooth batter mixing all the ingredients. Keep it aside for 15 mts. Make dosas. You get good soft doasas.Any type of chutney goes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment