Dec 11, 2012

Sweet potato croquettes

Though I have no idea what to do with them, I keep buying sweet potatoes for the health benefits they are supposed to have. Most of the time, the kids and I end up having it boiled "just like that", but this time I was determined to cook it. Found two recipes from the net, and after some deliberation decided which one to make. It was only after dropping the garlic in the oil that I realized I had inadvertently picked the wrong recipe. But it was lovely- never has anything come out so well on the first attempt.



Boil 250 gms sweet potatoes till soft. Peel and mash.
Heat a bit of oil, and fry 4 pods garlic and 2 green chilies for awhile. Pour over the mashed sweet potatoes.
Add 1 tsp soy sauce, juice of ½ lime, and salt to taste, and mix well.
Mould into small croquettes.
Dip the croquettes in sesame seeds and press down so they stick to the surface.
Shallow fry in butter till golden brown.


[The original recipe called for potatoes in addition to sweet potatoes, and you need to add grated and roasted coconut and coriander leaves before shaping them. Skipped both because I don't like too many clashing flavours.]

No comments:

Post a Comment