Nov 13, 2012

Rawa ladoo

Rawa ladoos are my favourite Diwali sweet. My grandmother used to make them, but my mother prefers to buy them because they are so labour intensive. I tried making the "real" ones a couple of times, and failed miserably. This is not quite the real thing, but never fails.




1 cup sooji
1 cup sugar (I use less, because I find it too sweet otherwise)
1 cup milk
cashewnuts, rasins (I don't add rasins because hubby doesn't have them)
ghee

Fry the dry fruits and keep aside
In 2 to 3 tbsp ghee, roast the sooji till it starts turning brown (keep the flame low, because once it gets heated up, the sooji gets charred very soon)
Add milk and sugar, and cook on low flame (with constant stirring) till it attains a "halwa-like" consistency
Take off fire, allow it to cool a bit, then make into ladoos.
This amount should make around 15 medium sized ladoos.

Since milk has been used, you cannot store it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment