Nov 21, 2012

Baked fish fillets


Growing up as I did in a house where non-vegetarian food was never cooked, I have a morbid dread of handling meat of any kind- what if I do something wrong and end up poisoning everyone, is the thought that is constantly on my mind. Gradually, I started cooking chicken curry, where everything was heated for so long, no bacteria could survive. But this is the first time I ever attempted to bake anything. And it was so tasty, I might just do it again.




Switch oven on at 375 degrees.

Mix together-
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 cloves crushed garlic
4 tbsp grated cheese
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp tabasco
salt to taste

Coat 2 fillets of fish with the mixture, place on a greased baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (till the fish flakes easily).

I mis-estimated the quantity (should have halved the proportions for a single fillet of fish), and ended up with a lot of extra batter, which I used on diced sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment