Feb 26, 2014

Eggless Pancakes, rustled up in a jiffy

When I saw this recipe posted by Rekha Hegde, I knew I had to make it for the kids 'someday'. Every couple of days, I would tell myself that I will make it 'soon', but I could always find excuses not to attempt it. 'Someday' finally came today, when both the kids were home (study leave, if you can believe that), and I was able to send the older one off to get bananas, instead of using that as an excuse not to make the pancakes.
Drizzled with honey, it tasted much better than I thought it would, but I could just not manage the perfect chocolate circle that I was to get. Next time, I do it with just the plain batter!


1 cup chopped banana
1/3 cup water
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup thick curd (slightly sour)
2 tsp ghee or butter
2 tbsp sugar

1 cup maida (can replace 1/2 cup with wheat, I didn't)
2 tsp baking pd
vanilla essence
2 tsp cocoa

Blend banana, water, milk, thick curd, ghee or butter and sugar with a hand held blender.Sieve maida and baking baking pd, add to the blended banana mix and mix well.
For chocolate batter add cocoa to half the batter.
Pour 1 ladle of white batter on hot tava, do not spread with the ladle. Pour another ladle of chocolate batter in the centre. Cover and cook.
When completely cooked, put little ghee and flip them to other side and cook for few secs.

No comments:

Post a Comment