Sep 28, 2012

Capsicum stuffed with rice

a.k.a. How to Deal with Leftover Rice I saw the original recipe on TV (Peppers and Wild Rice, I think it was called), and decided to adapt it to use up all the rice that gets leftover every day.



De-top the capsicum, keep aside the large part, and chop the top part into small pieces.
Saute 3 pods garlic, half a chopped onion, the capsicum pieces, half a chopped tomato. When done, add half a cup of leftover rice, salt, pepper, and a little lime juice (I've experimented with chilli flakes and oregano- both work well). Stir well, and turn off the flame.
Lightly coat the inside and the outside of the capsicum with oil. Stuff with rice, grate some cheese on top and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes (or till done).
Serve on a bed of rice leftover after stuffing.

Normally, half a cup of rice is sufficient for two capsicums, but since I was cooking only for myself I made only one (and ate the rest of the rice separately).
The first time I made it, I added salt to the veggies, and totally misjudged the quantity. If you are doing so, remember that you will be adding the rice to the veggies, and use salt accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment