Sep 17, 2012

Egg bhurji (with a twist)

I sent out a frantic SOS, "I have a solitary egg, onions, garlic, potatos at home. Can I throw something together with that?" There was really no reason for me not to make myself one of my staple lunches of French toast, or omelets, but I wanted something different. 

Moushumi obliged with an easy peasy recipe that is low on labour and high on taste. This, apparently, is an invention of her husband from his bachelor days. And it is quite delicious.



1 hard boiled egg- chopped
half medium onion- chopped
3 pods of garlic- peeled and smashed (yes, I always go wild with the garlic)
1 packet chilli flakes (came with the pizza the kids ordered on Saturday)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp butter
salt to taste

Lightly fry the smashed garlic and onions in butter. Add chopped eggs when the onions start to turn translucent- stir on low heat for about 2 minutes. Add tomato ketchup, salt and chilli flakes, and stir for a couple of seconds.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment