Sep 17, 2012

Eggplant-cottage cheese coins

The other day, I found myself the proud owner of two tiny brinjals that were ready to die in my arms. Not wanting to waste them I adapted my eggplant-cottage cheese casserole recipe to make these "coins", and they tasted good enough for me to make them again this weekend.



 

 Brinjal/ eggplant- 2 medium sized
Paneer/ cottage cheese- 50 gms
Ground pepper- to taste
Onion- half small, chopped fine
Tomato puree- 3 tablespoons
Salt, red chillie powder, oregano- to taste
Cheese

Dice brinjals, rub salt, and keep aside for 10 minutes for the water to let.
On a shallow pan, fry brinjal slices till lightly browned.
Keep aside, and in the same oil, put tomato puree, salt, oregano, chili powder and cook for about a minute.
Crumble the paneer, add chopped onions, salt and pepper and mix well.
On an ovenproof dish, lay one layer of brinjal slices, top with paneer, lay second layer of brinjal slices, and a spoonful of tomato paste. Top with grated cheese and grill till cheese melts.

I ate with rotis, but will be good as a stand-alone dish too.

No comments:

Post a Comment