Aug 6, 2014

Sukhdi- a Sweet from Gujarat

The moment I saw this recipe, I wanted to try it out. And the first thing I did after reaching home was to measure out the atta and make it. I had halved the quantities because I wasn't sure how it would be, but now I wish I had doubled them  instead.

1 cup wheat flour
2-3 tbsp Ghee
1/2 cup grated jaggery

Method:
In deep bottomed pan heat the ghee. Add the wheat flour and roast it till pink in colour or till it leaves its aroma.
Remove the pan from the stove and immediately add jaggery and keep folding it in the wheat mixture to melt and blend well.
Once the jaggery has blended well in the wheat flour empty the contents into a greased thali.
With the help of a steel bowl, using its bottom, press the mixture and level it uniformly, then cut into diamond shaped pieces and allow it to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment