Aug 29, 2014

Coconut ladoo

When I was making the kozakattai, my younger one came up to me and told me that he really loved coconut ladoo. Though there were absolutely no plans to make it, I couldn't really disappoint my finicky eater, so whipped this up. It is partially based on the coconut-jaggary ladoo I made a couple of years back, but uses sugar instead of jaggary.


1 litre milk
1/2 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
1/2 coconut grated
a pinch nutmeg powder


Method:
Bring the milk to a boil, reduce the flame and let it reduce to about 75% of original volume.
Add sugar and grated coconut, and keep reducing till the mixture comes together, and leaves the walls of the vessel.
Add nutmeg and mix well. Turn off the flame, and let it cool down partially.
Take partially cooled mixture, grease the palms, and fold into ladoos.


No comments:

Post a Comment