May 23, 2014

Mushroom-spinach casserole with leftover rotis

When I saw a packet of plump mushrooms, I couldn't resist picking it up. It was only after I got home, that I thought about what to do with it. Since I had half a bunch of spinach, and a whole lot of leftover rotis, I invented this dish which ended up tasting really good.


1 packet of mushrooms, cleaned well
1/2 bunch spinach
4-5 pods garlic, chopped
6 leftover rotis
4 tbsp grated cheese
1/2 tbsp butter

Method
Wrap the rotis in a towel and microwave for  30 seconds. Tear into bite sized pieces
Slice about 1/4th of the mushrooms, and chop the rest into tiny pieces
Chop the spinach into thin slices
Heat the butter, fry the garlic till the aroma is released. Add mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach, and fry for 2-3 minutes, till half the water that was released is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Grease a baking dish with butter. Put one layer of leftover rotis, one of spinach-mushroom sauce and top with cheese. Repeat.
Put in a preheated oven, and bake at 175 degrees for 10 minutes.
Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment