Apr 5, 2014

Imli ka panna

Aam panna is one of my favourite drinks, so when I saw a recipe for Imli ka Panna, I knew I had to try it at once. Specially since RK is one person who's recipes I trust implicitly. It was such a refreshing cooler on a hot summer day, that I know I am going to make it more often- maybe I should just make the masala in bulk, to make it easier!
Note to self- reduce ajwain and cardamon next time.
4 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1 1/2 tsp Black Salt (kala namak)
1/3 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
1/3 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Carom Seeds Powder (ajwain)
6 tbsp Sugar
Salt to taste
5-6 Fresh Mint Leaves (crushed)

Method:
Take the tamarind pulp in a big bowl and add five
cups of water to it and stir well to mix.
In a mixer, grind together black salt, pepper powder, green cardamom powder,roasted cumin powder, roasted carom seed powder, mint leaves, sugar and salt into a fine powder.
Mix this grounded spices to the tamarind water and stir well. Refrigerate for some time.(you can seive the water at this point if required)
Take glasses and pour out the panna...Garnish it with mint leaves and a slice of lemon...... add some ice cubes n serve chilled.....

No comments:

Post a Comment