Sep 18, 2014

Carrot- beet root salad

Ever since I got back to working full-time, my time in the kitchen has dwindled to near zero. While I am happy for the time I got to experiment in the kitchen for nearly a year, if I am totally honest, I do not mind not having to slave for hours everyday to produce something that may or may not be palatable. But, I do miss trying out new recipes, and today, I decided to make a "top up" dish because I felt like doing so.
It ended up tasting much better than I expected, and for that I am glad.

2 medium carrots
1 medium beetroot
1 tbsp melon seeds (peanuts might be better, but I had run out of them)
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 green chilli (or more, as per taste)
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Method:
Grate the carrots and beetroots.
Mix the olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice and salt, and pour over the grated vegetables. 
Break the green chilli in half and add to the grated vegetables. Mix well, and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
Add melon seeds and mix well. Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment