May 9, 2013

Soya Fried Rice

It is during the holidays that feeding my kids becomes such a challenge. While on normal school days, I can do the best I can and justify not doing more, there are no such excuses available when they are home for the holidays. Which is why I have to improvise to ensure they get a reasonably balanced diet.
Soya Fried Rice is one of the recipes I keep falling back on- not only does it have proteins, it uses up leftover rice which I always have too much of.


1/2 cup soya nuggets
1 onion
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
Salt, pepper, oregano to taste
1 cup leftover riceButter

Method
Cook the nuggets as per the directions on the packet. Drain and keep aside.
Heat some butter in a pan, and saute the onions till they turn transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste and tomato puree and fry till for 1-2 minutes. Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste
Add the cooked rice, and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment